2011年1月15日土曜日

poverty


Many people suffer extreme poverty.

They ask for help, but many of them died, help having arrived too late.

They died of hunger.
They died of desease.
They froze to death.

I found Mother Teresa's word on the Internet:

"Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody,
 I think that is a much greater than hunger,
 a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat".

But people cannot live without food, at the same time, there are a great many people who killed temselves to escape from loneliness....

What is a meaning of life?

Well..... I think of my everyday life, I have enough food, clothing, and shelter. Sometimes I feel an impulse to run away from writing or thinking about poverty because I cannot share their distress. My words might be a pipe dream.

wadayasay?

By the way, It's cold today, so I'll have coffee.

Ta det lite take it easy:) Ha ha ha!

4 件のコメント:

  1. Excellent thought! I'm only afraid that in the quote from Mother Teresa, "a much greater than hunger" should read "a much greater hunger". Ta det lite take it easy:) Ha ha ha!

    返信削除
  2. このコメントは投稿者によって削除されました。

    返信削除
  3. Hoppsan! I made a mistake! Thank you Ted!

    I rewrote that:
    "Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat. "

    http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mother_teresa.html

    Ha ha ha! Yeah! Ta det lite take it easy:)

    返信削除
  4. You're welcome. Swedish "Oops!" sounds like calling a nickname.

    返信削除